The report from the BBC is here...
The BBC report has more than 400 comments, which have been added within a few hours, the large majority highly critical of the scheme.
- HS2 is unlikely to provide value for money.
- An economic case not not been proven.
- The Channel tunnel high-speed rail link, HS1, failed to deliver anticipated regeneration benefits in Kent.
- HS2 believes that HS2 and HS3 could be built simultaneously but it seems unlikely that industry has the skills to do this.
- The DfT had not provided a clear explanation for why an assessment of a high speed rail line between cities in the north of England was not carried out before HS2 to test whether improving connectivity in the north was a greater priority.
The full report is here: