Latest Posts     Local History     Maps      Photos    Planning    Privacy     Residents' Association     Videos
Thursday, 20 February 2020
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
As part of the VE Celebrations a visit to The National Memorial Arboretum is being organised for Tuesday May 12th. Travel will be by coach and the cost is £11.50 per person. The cost might be slightly higher if we have spare seats on a 34-seater coach.
Leave Burton Green 10.00 am arrive NMA at 10.45 approx.VE Day celebrations on Friday 8th May will include:
Leave NMA at 3.00 pm arrive Burton Green 3.45 approx.
Entry is free but a suggested minimum donation of £5 is requested.
Booking 02476 471669 (Mary) Coach cost on booking
Cheques to Burton Green Residents’ Association please.
- an afternoon tea at the hall and “Raise a glass“
- games for children
- a video compilation of war time Burton Green and the country
- dress as an “Evacuee” competition for children
- V and E display on Jubilee Verge
- a symbolic planting of an oak tree. As the final site for the tree will be in the grounds of the new village hall - a symbolic planting will be at the current village hall.
A small group from both the Residents' Assocation and Village Hall are working towards our VE Day celebrations. If you have any ideas to put forward please contact one of the group:
- For village hall - Cheryl Wall, Diane Swindells, Sue Spence, Jill Line, Jane Murphy
- For Residents’ Association - Hilary Cox, Faith Ward, Mary Webb
QUIZ with Fish & Chip Supper
BURTON GREEN VILLAGE HALL
SATURDAY 29th February - 7.30pm
Tickets £12.50 / Students £10.00
Bring your own drink and glasses please