About Burton Green    Bugle (Parish Magazine)     Bus Times    Calendar     Family History
Latest Posts     Local History     Maps      Photos    Planning    Privacy     Residents' Association     Videos
This is Burton Green, Warwickshire www.burtongreen.com

Monday, 14 September 2020

Draft Minutes of Residents' Association Committee Meeting September 9th 2020

The meeting was held virtually via Zoom because of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic restrictions

Present

Dianne Adams; Hilary Cox; Paddy Deeley; Andy Gibbs; Helen Hehir; Judi Hibberd; Janet Hickinbottom; Rona Taylor; Mary Webb.

1. Apologies and Minutes of the last meeting

Apologies had been received from Faith Ward and Bron Putnam.

Summary of actions following the meetingResponsible
Contact HS2 about the well on Cromwell Lane bridgeRona 
Report back on progress with metal Christmas treeMary and Hilary
Increase Bugle print runMary
Arrange Zoom meeting for AGMJudi
Submit Chair’s Report etc. for distribution via the email loopRona
Liaison with school regarding Christmas card competitionFaith
Further ideas for chosen charity to be supported at ChristmasAll to Judi by September 25th
Community Fund item to remain on agendaJudi 
Maintain list of suggestions for funding requestsJudi


Minutes of the last meeting and Matters Arising
See Minutes of July 15th 2020 meeting

The minutes of the meeting were approved. 

Matters Arising from the previous minutes
  • Community Fund item to remain on agenda – confirmed
  • Children in Need item to remain on agenda – confirmed
  • Maintain list of suggestions for funding requests – confirmed
  • Compile and submit final list of dates for BGRA bookings – completed 
  • Ask Paddy to add all committee members to BGRA What’s App group – this was actually a Facebook group and members can request to join if already a Facebook user.
  • Report overgrown footpath on Red Lane – completed. Task carried out by residents. Rona had not had responses from Peter Hallam.
  • Drone footage of VE Day celebrations to be made available – completed 
  • Discussion of precept spending to be added to next agenda (agenda item)
  • Next edition of the Bugle – completed
  • Preparations for the AGM via Zoom (agenda item)
  •  Investigate metal outline of Christmas tree (agenda item)
  • Liaison re VJ Day – completed.  Thanks to Mary and Hillary
  • Suggestions for charity/ies to benefit from Santa Sleigh 2020 (agenda item)


2. Village Hall Update

Dianne reported that a very positive meeting had been held earlier in the day. A new HS2 Project Manager had attended and there had been a number of action points. An interesting presentation had been provided. It had been accepted that communication was crucial and this had been lacking from HS2. The holding of virtual drop-in meetings with all stakeholders had been mentioned. A presentation to the Parish Council was scheduled for October/November.


3. Treasurer’s Report

A report had been circulated. Dianne reported that there had been little change in finances in recent months including no further income. The only expenditure related to the printing of the June 2020 Bugle and items purchased for the VJ Day display.

Dianne has also circulated a summary of the spending amounts connected to the Parish Council grant of £1275. It was agreed that remaining funds would be spent on the tree and pot that had been agreed and the metal Christmas tree that was being investigated.

Thanks were given to Dianne. 

The committee recorded their sadness on the news of Peter Tacon’s death in July. For many years, Peter had undertaken the role of Independent Examiner of the BGRA annual accounts and had provided a thorough, timely and reliable service at all times. He would be greatly missed. He had also been a strong supporter, with his wife Lesley, of all events.

Thanks were extended to Marlene Hills for agreeing, at short notice, to sort out the end of year accounts for 2019-2020.


4. Residents’ views/concerns

  • Access to and use of Greenway- many concerns had been expressed regarding closure of the Greenway and footpaths at various points with no prior warning. There was now a great deal of security around the Greenway. One resident had expressed concern about access to the well by the Cromwell Lane Bridge and was interested to know if details could be recorded. Rona agreed to contact HS2 about this. Action: Rona
  • Residents had complained about HS2 staff parking overnight and causing a disturbance by running car engines, talking loudly and dropping litter.

5. Update on and discussion of Residents’ Association initiatives and issues
  • Cala Homes Update. Paddy reported that approximately 37 houses were now occupied. Residents were not happy about people trying to take a diversion between Red Lane and Hob Lane via the Cala Homes development. Some drivers had even driven over people’s front lawns in a bid to find a way through.
  • VJ Day display. Thanks were extended to Mary and Hilary for decorating the verge for this occasion. The result created a community statement which was particularly welcome at the time. Thanks were also given to Peter Stanworth for his article in the Bugle.
  • Road closure, oak tree. The sudden closure of the vital junction at the top of Red Lane had elicited much anger. Again, there had been no communication with the community and the school had been affected at a time when there was already a great deal of anxiety about returning after six months during the pandemic. The Parish Council and the Residents’ Association had taken a lead on this and a meeting had been held including Jeremy Wright MP who had raised the situation during Prime Minister’s Question Time. HS2 said it had “reached out” to the school but the Head Teacher had heard nothing from them. Parents were having to take a substantial detour via Hodgett’s Lane and Hob Lane to reach the school. It was hoped that the parking of vehicles would be carried out in a way respectful of the community. HS2 had now responded promising to extend its working week to include Saturdays and Sunday mornings to try to complete the work earlier than planned. 
  • Children in Need ramble. This was to be postponed to coincide with the opening of the new Greenway.
  • HS2 fund- what should we ask for?
Entrance gates
Trees around the village
Top of the tunnel ideas
Village hall signage recycling
Added to this list was the reclamation of sandstone blocks from the bridges but where to store these remained a problem.
  • It was thought that someone had stolen one of the artefacts in the form of a gradient marker but Paddy reported that it had been re-sited on the Greenway nearer to Kenilworth to avoid its destruction.
  • Priorities for precept money- ideas so far
Bugle funding
Iron frame for Xmas tree - Mary and Hilary had an appointment with a manufacturer on September 20th and would report back.
Action: Mary and Hilary
  • Charity collection at Christmas: it was not yet clear whether the Santa Sleigh Activity by Balsall Common Lions supported by the Residents Association would be able to go ahead.  Suggestions for a charity to support were the Coventry Boot Fund and a local food bank. Any further ideas should be submitted to Judi by Friday September 25th for inclusion at the AGM. Action: all
  • Bugle. Thanks were given to Mary for all her hard work in producing the Bugle, especially during the lockdown period. It was agreed to increase the number of copies ordered to accommodate new entrants to the village. Action: Mary
  • The next edition of the Bugle would be printed on December 4th with articles to be submitted to Mary by November 27th.
  • AGM Sept 28th It was agreed the AGM would be held via Zoom. Judi agreed to set this up. Action: Judi
Rona would send a report to be circulated via the village email loop. This would contain the information that all current committee members were willing to continue their membership but that new members would be welcome, in particular new entrants to the village. Any objections should be submitted by email. In addition, the accounts would be circulated in the same way along with a request for any questions to be raised. Action: Rona

6. Greenway Trust Update

A welcome update had been provided in the most recent edition of the Bugle.


7. AGM decisions September 28th

Covered under item 5.


8. Parish Councillor's Report

There had not been a meeting since the last Residents’ Association meeting except for an Exceptional Meeting to consider problems with HS2 and the road closure.
The threatened oak tree was now the subject of a number of surveys.


9.  Any Other Business

The Residents’ Association now held a key to the noticeboard.

10. Date of next Meeting

The next committee meeting was scheduled for November 25th 2020.

Faith would be asked to liaise with the school regarding the annual Christmas card competition. Designs would need to be submitted by Monday 23rd of November in time for judging and printing.
  Action: Faith

No comments:

Post a comment